Friday, August 8, 2014

Big Beefy

Emerson is even bigger than Brenton was at the same age thus he has been donned with the nickname Big Beefy. He is simply big and beefy and therefore it fits. He has also been called Smiling Tiny Man II. Because he is very smiley.

Baby nicknames are so much fun and Brenton had so many. Some stuck others did not. For Emerson Big Beefy suits him. When we say ot and bounce him he smiles a big toothless smile and almost gives a nod that says yes I am Big Beefy.

Big Beefy is so many things aside from big and Beefy and it is miraculous just how much personality a four month old can have. He has a smile that starts at his toes. He pulls it all the way from there almost wiggling it out of himself as it spreads through his body all the way across his face. It is bold and lights up the room. I can't help but smile with him.

He is always on the move. He can do baby sit ups and he rolls back and forth and scooches all around the floor or the bed or the crib. He bats and grabs. He has an incredible grip. His strength is amazing.

He babbles nonstop. Talking seems to come naturally and he is very vocal. Ah goo is his favorite but he also has chirps and wookie sounds as well that continue into his quirky but infectious laugh. Just like Brenton his voice is music to my ears.

My heart melts as I watch him jump in the jumper, play on his gym mat or sleep in my arms. When he nurses I catch that look of satisfaction and sometimes he even flashes me a smile. I sing his big beefy song and bounce him. I just can't help myself. He is so lovable and huggable. Even Brenton loves to hug him. We all play on the floor together and they snuggle and giggle with each other. I am so surprised how well they get along. Brenton's favorite chore is to make his brother happy. If he cries I say go make him happy and he does. Big beefy also returns the favor and makes Brenton happy as well. Brenton never laughs so hard as when his brother gets him going. Big beefy and B have a special bond already. I think it is because Brenton is empathetic, warm and kind and Emerson is as well...even his heart is big and beefy!

No comments:

Post a Comment