Friday, February 10, 2012

Baby B, so many nicknames

My husband and I met when we were kids and we didn't think about the names of our future children. As the years passed we began to contemplate baby names.  Some names I adored and when I presented them he vehemently vetoed all of them as I did with his selections. One day about two months prior to becoming pregnant I said, "What about Brenton for a boy?" To my surprise he said, "Yeah, I like Brenton." That was it, we had our boy's name.

I swore I would not resort to calling him anything other than Brenton and certainly not Brent. I love the name Brenton. I am sure I always will. Throughout pregnancy I called him Brenton from the time we were told it's a boy.

Fast forward to his birth. My perfect little boy arrived and I rarely call him Brenton. I have instead resorted to a plethora of nicknames established at different times for different reasons.

Here is the current list: Baby B, B(simple and often used by my husband), Beaner(my brother called me this as a child), Beanut or Beanut Peanut(often used by me during playtime), Banimal(his superhero name), B plus(his street name), B note(his blues name), Mini B, and finally...Smiling Tiny Man.

You will note that Brent is not on the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment